Olympic National Park Headquarters Historic District (NRIS 07000720)
600 E. Park Ave.,
WA. County/parish: Clallam.
Park name: Olympic.
6 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
July 13, 2007.
Part of Olympic National Park MPS
- Olympic National Park Headquarters Historic District
- The Olympic National Park Headquarters Historic District overlooks Port Angeles, Washington from Peabody Heights, consisting of six contributing buildings built in 1940-41 and several more non-contributing buildings that act as the administrative headquarters for Olympic National Park. The contributing structures were built using locally obtained native materials in a late interpretation of the National Park Service Rustic style. Native landscaping enhances the site. Much of the work was carried out by Public Works Administration and Civilian Conservation Corps workers. (read more...)