MacDonald-Todd House (NRIS 79001230)
309 W. 7th St.,
MN. County/parish: Dakota.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 31, 1979.
- MacDonald-Todd House
- The MacDonald-Todd House is an 1857 home, now located at 309 Seventh Street West, Hastings in the U.S. state of Minnesota. The Greek Revival-style house was built by A.W. MacDonald in the utopian town of Nininger when he relocated to Dakota County from New York. He came to become the managing editor of the Emigrant Aid Journal. The paper was owned by Lieutenant Governor Ignatius Donnelly, who also founded the community of Nininger. In 1866, the home was moved across the ice in the Mississippi River to its present location, by Irving Todd, who had bought it for $385. (read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site: