Minnesota Stoneware Company (NRIS 79001243)

Address: 1997 W. Main St., Red Wing, MN. County/parish: Goodhue.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places December 26, 1979.

From Wikipedia:

Red Wing Pottery
Red Wing pottery refers to American stoneware, pottery, or dinnerware items made by a company initially set up, in Red Wing, Minnesota, in 1861 by German immigrant John Paul, which changed its names several times until finally settling on Red Wing Potteries, Inc. in 1936. The pottery factory that started in 1861 continues to the present day under the names of Red Wing Pottery and Red Wing Stoneware. There was a respite in production when Red Wing Pottery Sales, Inc. had a strike in 1967 causing them to temporarily cease trading. The company still makes both zinc/Bristol glazed products as well as salt-glazed, hand-thrown, kiln fired items. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Unknown

Architectural styles:

  • No Style Listed