Koontz House (NRIS 79001288)
303 S. Rankin St.,
MS. County/parish: Adams.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
March 29, 1979.
- Green Leaves
- "Green Leaves", historically the Koontz House, is a Greek Revival mansion in Natchez, Mississippi, constructed in 1838 by Edward P. Fourniquet, a French lawyer who built other structures in the area. It was purchased by George Washington Koontz, a local banker in 1849 and has been owned by his descendants ever since. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) on March 29, 1979. (read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site: