Bobb House (NRIS 79001337)

Address: 1503 Harrison St., Vicksburg, MS. County/parish: Warren.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places January 08, 1979.

From Wikipedia:

McRaven House
McRaven was built ca.1797 by Andrew Glass in a town called Walnut Hills, which is now Vicksburg, Mississippi. In the Civil War era, it was known as the Bobb House, and it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as such. McRaven got its current name from the street it is located on, which was formerly called McRaven Street, but is now Harrison Street. McRaven has been on the Mississippi Department of Archives and History's Historic Preservation list since January 8, 1978. [1] It is also believed by many to be haunted, and has been called "the most haunted house in Mississippi." [2] (read more...)

Architects:

  • Unknown

Architectural styles:

  • Federal
  • Greek Revival
  • Italianate

Significant persons associated with this site:

  • Bobb, John H.