Batesburg Commercial Historic District (NRIS 82003875)

Address: Granite, Oak, Pine, Church Sts., Rutland and N. Railroad Aves., Batesburg, SC. County/parish: Lexington.

28 contributing buildings.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 06, 1982.

Part of Batesburg-Leesville MRA (NRIS 64000761).

From Wikipedia:

Batesburg Commercial Historic District
Batesburg Commercial Historic District is a national historic district located at Batesburg-Leesville, Lexington County, South Carolina. It encompasses 28 contributing buildings in the central business district of Batesburg. It largely consists of brick commercial buildings built between 1895 and 1925, with the majority dating from 1900-1910. Notable buildings include the Old Telephone Company, M. Howard Butcher Shop, Owen Drug Company, Bank of Western Carolina, Old First National Bank, Belk's, and the M. E. Rutland Building. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Multiple

Architectural styles:

  • Classical Revival
  • Italianate