Grooms Tavern Complex (NRIS 00000094)
Sugar Hill Rd. at Grooms Rd.,
New York. County/parish: Saratoga.
3 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
February 10, 2000.
- Grooms Tavern Complex
- Grooms Tavern Complex is a historic tavern located at Grooms Corners in Saratoga County, New York. The complex consists of the tavern, a wagon and blacksmith shop, and a frame privy. The tavern building was built about 1825 and is a 2-story, timber-framed, gable-roofed building in a vernacular Federal style. It consists of a main block with 1 1⁄2-story, frame kitchen wing in the rear. When expanded to two stories in the 1840s, a Greek Revival style cornice was added. The building was partially remodeled in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The tavern building was also operated as a general store. The wagon and blacksmith shop was constructed in the 1840s and is a 2-story, rectangular, timber-framed building with a gable roof in the Greek Revival style.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000094