Newman, E.L., Lustron House (NRIS 00000134)
1406 34th St.,
Alabama. County/parish: Colbert.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
February 24, 2000.
Part of Lustron Houses in Alabama, MPS
Also known as:
- E.L. Newman Lustron House
- The E. L. Newman Lustron House is a historic residence in Sheffield, Alabama. The house was purchased in 1949 by E. L. Newman. It is one of five extant Lustron houses in The Shoals, and is one of the company's two-bedroom Westchester models. The house has a metal frame with a side gable roof, and is covered in tan porcelain enamel panels. The façade has two aluminum frame windows, each made of one large pane flanked by four vertical panes, with one in a bay that projects slightly. The interior contains the original, metal walls and ceilings and built-in cabinets and shelves. An enclosed glass porch was added to the rear in the 1960s. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000134