United States Post Office and Courthouse (NRIS 00000244)

Address: 224 S. Boulder Ave., Tulsa, Oklahoma. County/parish: Tulsa.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places March 24, 2000.

Also known as:

  • Federal Building

From Wikipedia:

United States Post Office and Courthouse (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
The United States Post Office and Court House in Tulsa, Oklahoma, also known as Federal Building, is a federal building of the United States government completed in 1917 and located at 224 South Boulder Avenue. The supervising architect for both the original construction and a substantial extension completed in 1933 was James A. Wetmore. The building houses a post office and housed the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma from 1917 to 1925, when the districts were reconfigured and it became a courthouse of the Northern District of Oklahoma. Built in the Classical Revival style, the building has been described as "the postal beauty of the southwest… a marble, bronze and granite memorial to its builders".It served historically as a post office, as a courthouse, and as a government office building. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Wetmore, James
  • Yeager, M. and Son

Architectural styles:

  • Classical Revival

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000244

LC