United States Post Office and Courthouse (NRIS 00000246)
111 N. Fifth,
Oklahoma. County/parish: Muskogee.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
March 24, 2000.
Also known as:
- Federal Building and United States Courthouse
- Ed Edmondson United States Courthouse
- The Ed Edmondson United States Courthouse, previously called the Muskogee Federal Building- United States Courthouse, is a historic government building in Muskogee, Oklahoma. It was built in 1915 as a post office and federal courthouse. Although it is no longer used as a post office, it is currently in use by several government offices, including the U.S. Marshals and U.S. Probation Office as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Oklahoma.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000 as the United States Post Office and Courthouse. It was named in honor of former U.S. Congressman Ed Edmondson in 2003. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000246