Huntington Center Historic District (NRIS 00000296)
Roughly along Church and Huntington Sts., from Ripton Rd. to the Farmill River,
Connecticut. County/parish: Fairfield.
46 contributing buildings.
3 contributing sites.
1 contributing object.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
March 31, 2000.
- Huntington Center Historic District
- The Huntington Center Historic District is a historic district in the city of Shelton, Connecticut. The district encompasses the original colonial settlement of Shelton, which was first known as Huntington. It is a linear district about 0.75 miles (1.21 km) in length, centered on the Huntington Green and Cemetery, and extending north along Church Street and south along Huntington Street. The district is predominantly residential, although it has two churches. The green was laid out in 1717, and many of the district's historic buildings were built over the next 150 years.Significant properties in the district include:
Huntington Green, 1717
Josiah Wheeler House
DeForest-Rudd House, c. 1770, Colonial
Huntington Congregational Church, c. 1890, Gothic Revival
St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 1812, Federal (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000296