Emory Grove Historic District (NRIS 00000300)
Centered on N. Decatur Rd. bet. the CSX RR and the University Park-Emory Highlands-Emory Estates HD,
Georgia. County/parish: De Kalb.
200 contributing buildings.
4 contributing sites.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
March 31, 2000.
- Emory Grove Historic District
- Emory Grove is a small area of bungalow style homes built in 1939 and the 1940s in Druid Hills, Georgia near Emory University. The Emory Grove Historic District, located between Emory University and the city of Decatur, Georgia, is a 90-acre (36 ha) historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.The district has 200 contributing buildings, 4 contributing sites and one other contributing structure. It includes work by architects and/or builders Ivey and Crook and Robert and Company in Colonial Revival and Late Gothic Revival architectural styles.
A significant date in its history is 1938. It includes single dwellings, a school, a religious structure, and a church school, and it was listed for its architecture.
Emory Grove consists of Princeton Way, Westminster Way, and Edinburgh Terrace, and some houses along N. Decatur Road. (read more...)
Ivey and Crook
Robert and Company
- Colonial Revival
- Late Gothic Revival
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000300