Fourth Ward Historic District (NRIS 00000324)
Roughly along Church, Division, Northfield and William Sts.; and Putnam Court and Sherwood Place,
Connecticut. County/parish: Fairfield.
159 contributing buildings.
1 contributing site.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
April 21, 2000.
- Fourth Ward Historic District
- The Fourth Ward Historic District encompasses an early urban residential subdivision of Greenwich, Connecticut. Extending north from United States Route 1 along Sherwood Place, Church Street, and adjacent streets, it is one of two subdivisions created before the arrival of the railroad in Greenwich in 1848. It is characterized by dense residential construction, with architectural styles from the Greek Revival to early 20th-century styles. The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000324