Washington County Courthouse (NRIS 00000328)
214 C St.,
Kansas. County/parish: Washington.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
April 06, 2000.
Also known as:
- Washington County Courthouse (Kansas)
- The Washington County Courthouse located at 214 C St. in Washington, Kansas is an Art Deco-style courthouse built during c.1932-1934. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.It replaced a previous courthouse which was damaged in a tornado on July 4, 1932. The new courthouse was designed by Wichita architects Overend and Boucher.It is a two-story building built of Bedford limestone. It has two-story square towers projecting from each corner. (read more...)
Blaser and Vollmer
Overend and Boucher
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000328