Southwood Two-Teacher School (NRIS 00000349)
4621 Barker Hill Rd.,
New York. County/parish: Onondaga.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
April 06, 2000.
- Southwood Two-Teacher School
- The Southwood Two-Teacher Schoolhouse is a historic school building located on Barker Hill Road just south of East Seneca Turnpike, in the Southwood neighborhood of the town of Onondaga, Onondaga County, New York. Further east along the turnpike is the hamlet of Jamesville, New York. It was built in 1937-1938, and is a one-story, yellow brick Art Deco style building, but the ivy hides any architectural details that would show that. The rectangular building has a full concrete block basement and is topped by a flat roof. It remained in use as a school until 1966.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000.It now serves as a restaurant called "School and Vine." (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000349