Jackson Downtown Historic District (NRIS 00000365)
Roughly along Main St. from 215 Main St. to 14 Broadway,
California. County/parish: Amador.
58 contributing buildings.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
April 14, 2000.
- Jackson Downtown Historic District
- The Jackson Downtown Historic District, in Jackson, California, is a 14 acres (5.7 ha) historic district which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. It runs roughly along Main St. from 215 Main St. to 14 Broadway. The district included 58 contributing buildings.The contributing buildings include, among others:
Krabbenhoft Building (1931), four-story tallest building in the district
Amador County Courthouse (1863, remodeled 1940). "Despite its construction date, it is a striking example of the Moderne style."
Former county library (1933), Mediterranean Revival in style.
Jackson Fire Department, 75 California Street (c.1955), a one-story brick building
Native Sons hall, 20 Court Street (c.1894, 1915), a two-story brick fraternal building. It has a parapet with a projecting cornice above "NSGW" and "No 31" in raised letters.It includes one or more works by architect George C. Sellon. (read more...)
- Classical Revival
- Mission/Spanish Revival
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000365