Crisp Building (NRIS 00000388)
1970 Main St.,
Florida. County/parish: Sarasota.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
April 21, 2000.
Also known as:
- Crisp Building
- The Crisp Building is a historic building located at 1970 Main St. in Sarasota, Florida. The T. H. Crisp Company, a development agency led by Thomas H. Crisp, constructed the building in 1926. The Crisp Company built many of Sarasota's homes and residential developments in the 1920s and 1930s. The building has also served as a meeting hall for Sarasota's chapter of the Loyal Order of Moose. The building was designed in the Mediterranean Revival style and is one of the best-preserved examples of the style in downtown Sarasota.On April 21, 2000, the building was added to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places.
Adair and Sentor
Clas and Shepard
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000388