East Davis Street Historic District (NRIS 00000393)

Address: Roughly bounded by E. Davis St., S. Mebane St., E. Webb Ave., and Tucker St., Burlington, North Carolina. County/parish: Alamance.

43 contributing buildings.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places April 20, 2000.

Part of Burlington MRA (NRIS 64000448).

From Wikipedia:

East Davis Street Historic District
East Davis Street Historic District is a national historic district located at Burlington, Alamance County, North Carolina. It encompasses 43 contributing buildings in a primarily residential section of Burlington. It includes single and multi-family dwellings, one commercial building and one church that were predominantly constructed from the 1880s to 1950. The buildings include representative examples of Queen Anne and Classical Revival style architecture.It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Cates, James Wesley

Architectural styles:

  • Classical Revival
  • Queen Anne

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/00000393

LC