Rison Cities Service Station (NRIS 01000486)
308 Main St.,
Arkansas. County/parish: Cleveland.
1 contributing building.
1 contributing site.
1 contributing object.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
May 10, 2001.
Part of Arkansas Highway History and Architecture MPS
- Rison Cities Service Station
- The Rison Cities Service Station is a historic automobile service station at Main and Magnolia Streets in Rison, Arkansas. It is a distinctive modest brick English Revival structure built in 1938. It has a cross-gable roof, in which there is a small oculus in each of the gables. The front facade has large plate glass windows flanking a central doorway. It was built and operated by the Arkansas Fuel and Oil Company, which operated it from 1938 to 1969 as the Cities Service Station. Since then it has been seen various commercial uses.The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/01000486