Empire School (NRIS 01000568)

Address: 300 South 50 East, Rupert, Idaho. County/parish: Minidoka.

1 contributing building.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places May 30, 2001.

Part of Public School Buildings in Idaho MPS (NRIS 64500196).

From Wikipedia:

Empire School (Rupert, Idaho)
The Empire School, located in rural Minidoka County, Idaho about 3 miles (4.8 km) south of Rupert, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2001.It was built in 1917 to replace an earlier school at the same location. It is about 40 by 44 feet (12 m × 13 m) in plan. The building has two rooms on the first floor and a single open room on the second floor which was used for assemblies, dances, holiday parties, and community events. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Meuleman, Gus

Architectural styles:

  • No Style Listed

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/01000568

LC