Edwards, John B. and Lydia, House (NRIS 01001316)
144 E. Third St.,
NY. County/parish: Oswego.
1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
December 04, 2001.
Part of Freedom Trail, Abolitionism, and African American Life in Central New York MPS
- John B. and Lydia Edwards House
- John B. and Lydia Edwards House is a historic home located at Oswego in Oswego County, New York. It is a two story, rectangular frame residence built between 1834 and 1835. Its owner John B. Edwards was abolitionist Gerrit Smith's agent at Oswego and the house is well documented as a way station on the Underground Railroad. (read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site: