1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places August 09, 2016.
Bishopville High School is a historic high school building located at Bishopville, Lee County, South Carolina. It was built in 1936, and the original L-shaped building is a two-story, Colonial Revival style masonry structure that rests on a masonry foundation. The rectangular central section features a row of 12 monumental pilasters and two-story flanking, projecting, gabled entrance pavilions. At either end of the central block are symmetrical recessed wings. Additions to the wings of the building were made in 1956, 1965, and 1986. The building was destroyed in March 2016.
It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2004.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/04001087