1 contributing building.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places January 26, 2018.
Also known as:
The Floyd B. Brown House is a historic house at 1401 South Georgia Street in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. It is a single-story vernacular brick structure, with a gable roof and brick foundation. Decorative elements on the building are minimal, with scalloped trim elements at the gables and eaves, and a fanlight in the front-facing gable. The house was built in 1954 for Floyd and Lillian Brown. The Browns were prominent African-American educators: Floyd Brown founded the Fargo Training School in Fargo, Arkansas, and his wife Lillian taught there.
The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2006. It was delisted in 2018.(read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/04001493