Farmington Quaker Crossroads Historic District (NRIS 07000384)

Address: Cty Rd. 8 at Sheldon Rd., Farmington, New York. County/parish: Ontario.

5 contributing buildings. 1 contributing object.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places April 25, 2007.

Part of Freedom Trail, Abolitionism, and African American Life in Central New York MPS (NRIS 64500450).

From Wikipedia:

Farmington Quaker Crossroads Historic District
Farmington Quaker Crossroads Historic District is a national historic district located at Farmington in Ontario County, New York. The district encompasses 11 contributing components and three non-contributing components. The centerpiece of the district is the Farmington Friends Meetinghouse, an Orthodox Quaker meetinghouse built in 1876, with a commemorative tablet marking the sites of meetinghouses built in 1796 and 1804, but later demolished. Also in the district is an 1816 Quaker Meetinghouse constructed by the Hicksite Quakers and currently under restoration.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Brundage, D. C.

Architectural styles:

  • Early Republic
  • Late Victorian

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/07000384

LC