Park name: Olympic. 1 contributing building.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 13, 2007.
Also known as:
The Canyon Creek Shelter, also known as the Sol Duc Falls Shelter, is a rustic trail shelter in Olympic National Park. It is the last remaining trail shelter built in the park by the Civilian Conservation Corps from Camp Elwha. The shelter was built in 1939, shortly after Olympic National Park was established from the U.S. Forest Service-administered Mount Olympus National Monument. Two similar shelters were built at Moose Lake and Hoh Lake, neither of which survive. The one-story log structure is T-shaped, with a projecting front porch crowned by a small cupola. The shelter is open to the front porch.
The shelter was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 13, 2007.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/07000712