St. John's Episcopal Church (NRIS 100000556)
117 Harrison St.,
Arkansas. County/parish: Ouachita.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
January 24, 2017.
Also known as:
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Camden, Arkansas)
- The St. John's Episcopal Church is a historic church at 117 Harrison Street in Camden, Arkansas. It is a large cruciform structure, built out of brick with trim of concrete cast to resemble stone. Its Gothic features include buttresses at the corners and along the sides, and pointed-arch openings for entrances and windows at the gable ends. The church was built in 1925-26 for a congregation established in 1850; it was designed by the Texarkana firm of Witt, Siebert & Halsey. It is the city's only Episcopal church.The church was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017. (read more...)
Witt, Seibert and Halsey
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100000556