Hailey Methodist Episcopal Church (NRIS 100000560)

Address: 200 2nd ve., S., Hailey, Idaho. County/parish: Blaine.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places January 24, 2017.

Also known as:

  • Hailey Community Baptist Church

From Wikipedia:

Hailey Methodist Episcopal Church
The Hailey Methodist Episcopal Church, also known as Hailey Community Baptist Church, in Hailey, Idaho, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017. It is a wood frame vernacular Gothic Revival church that is 28.5 by 50.25 feet (8.69 m × 15.32 m) in plan. It has an entrance through its 8 by 11 feet (2.4 m × 3.4 m)-plan belfry tower inset into the building's gable front. Front extension of the roof is supported by purlins. An open-sided bell tower, holding a metal bell and four all-weather speakers, tops the tower.It was built in 1886 and survived numerous fires in Hailey, probably due to relatively wide separation from its neighbors. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Joslyn, Rev. Andrew J.

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100000560

LC