Downtown Wilmington Commercial Historic District (NRIS 100000790)

Address: Roughly bounded by W. 9th, N. King. W. 6th & Shipley Sts., Wilmington, Delaware. County/parish: New Castle.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places March 24, 2017.

From Wikipedia:

Downtown Wilmington Commercial Historic District
Downtown Wilmington Commercial Historic District is a national historic district in Wilmington, New Castle County, Delaware. It encompasses 44 buildings in the city's downtown, most on North Market Street between 6th and 9th avenues. The district was the commercial center of the city between roughly 1870 and 1968, and contains an architecturally distinguished collection of late 19th- and early 20th-century architecture. The Grand Opera House, built in 1871, is the oldest surviving building in the district.The district was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2017. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Brinckloe, William Draper
  • Brown and Whiteside
  • Hoggson Brothers
  • Hope, Clarence R.
  • Keen, Charles Barton
  • Rice, Edward L.
  • Robinson. Stanhope and Manning

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100000790

LC