Hot Springs National Guard Armory (NRIS 100001006)
210 Woodbine St.,
Arkansas. County/parish: Garland.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
June 05, 2017.
Also known as:
- Hot Springs Armory
- Hot Springs National Guard Armory
- The Hot Springs National Guard Armory is a historic military facility at 210 Woodbine Street in Hot Springs, Arkansas. It is a large structure, built out of hollow clay blocks set on a concrete foundation, and topped by a broad gabled roof supported by wooden bowstring trusses. The central gabled portion of the facade is articulated by buttress-like features with Art Deco detailing. The structure was built in 1937, and is one of five Art Deco armories in the state built with funding from the Works Progress Administration, a federal jobs program.The armory was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001006