St. Paul, Minneapolis and Manitoba Railway Company Shops Historic District Boundary Increase (NRIS 100001228)
Jackson St. & Pennsylvania Ave.,
Minnesota. County/parish: Ramsey.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
June 19, 2017.
Also known as:
- Jackson Street Shops
- Manitoba Shops
- Saint Paul, Minneapolis, & Manitoba Railway Company Shops Historic District
- St. Paul, Minneapolis, & Manitoba Railway Company Shops Historic District is a group of 1882 limestone maintenance buildings in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They served the Saint Paul, Minneapolis and Manitoba Railway, which later became part of the Great Northern Railway.The buildings, located just west of the Minnesota Transportation Museum roundhouse, have been redeveloped by the Saint Paul Port Authority and are now known as the Empire Builder Business Center.
Roseville Township in Kandiyohi County was once Incorporated by The Minneapolis- St Paul Manitoba Railway the train station was located in Hawick. Railway bonds and Abstract information can still be found with early settlers ancestors (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001228