Rumph Mortuary (NRIS 100001237)
312 W. Oak,
Arkansas. County/parish: Union.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
June 26, 2017.
Also known as:
- Rumph Mortuary
- The Rumph Mortuary is a historic commercial building at 312 West Oak Street in El Dorado, Arkansas. Built in 1927, it is a two-story brown brick building, with a three-bay facade topped by a crenellated Gothic parapet. Charles Rumph came to the city during the oil boom of 1921, and was a merchant before entering the mortuary business in 1927. He remained in that business until his death in 1947; the building continues to be used as a mortuary.The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001237