Charleston Cemeteries Historic District (NRIS 100001367)

Address: Huguenin Ave., roughly bounded by Algonquin Rd., CSXRR, N. Romney & Meeting Sts., Charleston, South Carolina. County/parish: Charleston.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places July 24, 2017.

From Wikipedia:

Charleston Cemeteries Historic District
The Charleston Cemeteries Historic District encompasses a cluster of 23 cemeteries north of downtown Charleston, South Carolina. Laid out on either side of Huguenin Street in the northern part of peninsular Charleston, they were laid out between 1849 and 1956, and represented a concentrated diversity in funerary art and cemetery landscape design practices. The oldest cemetery is Magnolia Cemetery, laid out in 1849 in the then-fashionable rural cemetery style.The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Jones, Edward C.
  • Lee, Francis D.
  • Werner, Christopher
  • White, E. B.
  • White, W. T.

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001367

LC