Nash, Arthur C. and Mary S.A., House (NRIS 100001633)
124 S. Boundary St.,
North Carolina. County/parish: Orange.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
October 26, 2017.
- Arthur C. and Mary S.A. Nash House
- The Arthur C. and Mary S.A. Nash House is a historic home in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, located at 124 South Boundary Street.
It is a privately owned single dwelling building in the Colonial Revival style and made of weatherboard, asphalt, and brick. Designed in 1926 by architect Arthur C. Nash, the two-and-a-half story house was originally listed as 513 Cameron Avenue and later 513 Boundary Street until it was changed to its current address in the 1980s.The house sits on a rectangular lot, 0.55 acres (0.22 ha), in the Battle Estate Development near the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. It was renovated in the 1950s and again around 1983 before being rehabilitated in 2016 using Nash's blueprints.It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on October 26, 2017 as a contributing building in the Chapel Hill Historic District created 1973. (read more...)
Significant persons associated with this site:
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001633