North Thompson Street Historic District (NRIS 100001644)

Address: N. Thompson St. between Broad St. and Monument Ave., Richmond (Independent City), Virginia. County/parish: Richmond.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places September 18, 2017.

Also known as:

  • VDHR# 127-7046

From Wikipedia:

North Thompson Street Historic District
The North Thompson Street Historic District encompasses a collection of six International Style commercial buildings on North Thompson Street, between Monument Avenue and Broad Street, in Richmond, Virginia, United States. All are built of steel, brick, and concrete, and feature expanses of glass and asymmetrical plans. They were built between 1955 and 1959, as part of a buffer zone of "quiet commerce" between the Beltline Expressway on one side and the residential area on the other.The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Andrews and Parrish
  • Briley, William K.
  • Carlton, J. Robert
  • Daniel Construction Company
  • Goodman, Virginius
  • Graham, John H.
  • Hankins and Anderson of Baskervill and Son
  • Hardwicke, David Warren
  • Johns, Ben R., Jr.
  • Kayhoe Construction Company
  • Thorington Construction Company
  • Walker, J. Henley

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001644

LC