Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District (NRIS 100001710)

Address: Roughly bounded by Fulton, W. Main, Burke, Weeks, E. St. Peter, W. St. Peter & Jefferson Sts., New Iberia, Louisiana. County/parish: Iberia Parish.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places December 13, 2017.

From Wikipedia:

Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District
Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District is a historic district in downtown New Iberia, Louisiana, located along Main Street and St. Peter Street, from Jefferson Street to Weeks Street. The 68.87 acres (27.87 ha) area comprises a total of 121 buildings, of which 73 are considered contributing properties, and 9 are also listed on the National Register of Historic Places as individual properties or as part of East Main Street Historic District. Building dates vary from 1870 to 1967 and represent relevant structures related to commerce and entertainment/recreation.Despite being located inside the district area, the individually listed The Magnolias is not part of Downtown New Iberia Commercial Historic District, as the building is not commerce related. The house is therefore considered a non-contributing property.The historic district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 13, 2017. (read more...)

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001710

LC