Pelzer Manufacturing Company and Mill Village Historic District (NRIS 100001718)

Address: Portions of Lebby, Reed, Courtney, Smythe, & Anderson Sts., Pelzer, South Carolina. County/parish: Anderson.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 10, 2017.

From Wikipedia:

Pelzer Manufacturing Company and Mill Village Historic District
The Pelzer Manufacturing Company and Mill Village Historic District is a historic manufacturing complex and associated mill village in Pelzer, South Carolina. The district includes five mill buildings constructed beginning in 1881 by the Pelzer Manufacturing Company, and a mill village with worker housing and other civic and institutional buildings. The mill housing was sold off to individuals in 1954.The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017. (read more...)

Architects:

  • Baldwin, James J.
  • Sirrine, Joseph

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001718

LC