Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 04, 2017.
Also known as:
The Gifford Rosenwald School is a historic school building at 6146 Columbia Highway in Gifford, South Carolina. It was built in 1920 with funding from the Rosenwald Fund for the education of African Americans. Its design is not based on standard Rosenwald plans, but on a standard two-room plan published by state Board of Education. Originally segregated to African Americans it was integrated in 1958.
The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001720