Boys' Club of Pittsburgh (NRIS 100001976)
212 45th St.,
Pennsylvania. County/parish: Allegheny.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
January 19, 2018.
- Boys' Club of Pittsburgh
- The Boys' Club of Pittsburgh is a historic building in the Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Built in 1912 as the Lawrenceville YMCA, the three-story building was designed by local architect Robert Trimble and originally included a gymnasium, swimming pool, bowling alley, and dormitories. In 1928 the building was sold to the Pittsburgh Boys' Club, which became part of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The Boys & Girls Club continued to use the building until 2000, when a new facility was completed two blocks away. Subsequently, the older building was occupied by a charter school until 2014 and then converted into apartments. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2018. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001976