Blytheville Air Force Base Strategic Air Command (SAC) Alert and Weapons Storage Areas Historic District (NRIS 100001999)
4701 Memorial Drive,
Arkansas. County/parish: Mississippi.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
January 26, 2018.
- Blytheville Air Force Base
- Blytheville Air Force Base was a United States Air Force base from 1942, until it closed in 1992. In 1988, the facility was renamed Eaker Air Force Base in honor of World War II General of the Eighth Air Force, Ira C. Eaker. It was located 3 miles (4.8 km) northwest of Blytheville, Arkansas. The facility now operates as the Arkansas Aeroplex and Arkansas International Airport.
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100001999