Montpelier Historic District (Boundary Increase II) (NRIS 100002105)

Address: Monsignor Crosby Ave., Peck Place, Tower Loop Rd., Cross, Downing, Franklin & Wilder Sts., Montpelier, Vermont. County/parish: Washington.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places February 20, 2018.

Also known as:

  • 0109750030
  • NR Control Nos. 0401750587
  • PH0074781
  • See Also:Mon

From Wikipedia:

Montpelier Historic District (Vermont)

The Montpelier Historic District encompasses much of the historic commercial and government district of Montpelier, the state capital of Vermont. The city center, focused on the confluence of the Winooski River with its North Branch, has been economically driven by state government since 1805, and had industry powered by the rivers. Its center reflects a diversity of 19th century architecture. In addition to the Vermont State House, the district includes The Pavilion, the commercial downtown area, and residential areas to the east and north. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, and enlarged in 1989 and 2018.

(read more...)

Architects:

  • multiple

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100002105

LC