Cardinal Cushing Center Historic District (NRIS 100002782)
369 Washington St.,
Massachusetts. County/parish: Plymouth.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
August 10, 2018.
- Cardinal Cushing Centers
- The Cardinal Cushing Centers are a set of education and support facilities for developmentally and intellectually challenged adults and children operated by the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi. The centers offer education, training, residential and employment services, and recreational facilities on a campus at 369 Washington Street in Hanover, Massachusetts. Opened in 1949 as St. Coletta's by the Sea through the efforts of Archbishop Richard Cushing and with funding from the Kennedy family, the center was one of the first of its kind in the nation, and was renamed in Cushing's honor in 1974. The campus was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2018. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100002782