Muirdale Tuberculosis Sanatorium (NRIS 100002857)
10437 & 10457 Innovation Dr.,
Wisconsin. County/parish: Milwaukee.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
August 31, 2018.
- Muirdale Tuberculosis Sanatorium
- Muirdale Tuberculosis Sanatorium, also called Muirdale Tuberculosis Hospital, was built in 1914-15 by Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. It was located near the corner of Highway 100 and Watertown Plank Road in Wauwatosa and named after noted Wisconsin naturalist John Muir. Maximum capacity in 1923 was 350 patients, but in later years this figure rose to over 600, including a 100-bed Children's Cottage, or Preventorium, devoted to the treatment of young children. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100002857