Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 05, 2018.
Also known as:
St. Luke Building is a historic office building located in Richmond, Virginia. It was built in 1902, and is a four-story, brick Edwardian style building. It was remodeled and enlarged in 1915-1920. The building has a yellow pressed-brick facade and red brick secondary walls. The building held the offices of the Independent Order of St. Luke, an African-American fraternal society. The office of Maggie L. Walker, longtime head of the Order, is preserved as it was at the time of her death in 1934.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100003005