Phoenix Motor Company (NRIS 100003064)
401 W Van Buren St.,
Arizona. County/parish: Maricopa.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
November 01, 2018.
- Phoenix Motor Company building
- Phoenix Motor Company building, also known as the Dud R. Day Motor Company building, is a 1930 building created for the Phoenix Motor Company. It was designed by Lescher and Mahoney, who also designed the Orpheum Theatre.
After multiple owners, the building had been boarded over and covered with stucco, sitting empty. The building was purchased by nightclub owners Pat Cantelme and Jim Kuykendall for $2.2 million in 2015. After receiving a grant for $250,000 to rehabilitate the building's original storefront, doors, windows and roof trusses, it became a music hall in August 2017.It was added to the Phoenix Historic Property Register in May 2017 and the National Register of Historic Places in 2018 (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/100003064