Address: Riverfront Park on 1st Ave., Nashville, Tennessee. County/parish: Davidson.
5 contributing buildings. 1 contributing object.
Removed from the National Register of Historic Places November 24, 2015.
Fort Nashborough was the stockade established in early 1779 in the French Lick area of the Cumberland River valley, as a forerunner to the settlement that would become the city of Nashville, Tennessee. The log stockade was square in shape and covered 2 acres (8,100 m2). It contained 20 log cabins and was protection for the settlers against wild animals and Indians. Today, a reconstructed fortification, maintained by Nashville Parks and Recreation, stands near the site of the original structure.(read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/11000454