Wilson Commercial Historic District (NRIS 16000651)
Roughly bounded by Union Ave., S. Jefferson, Madison, Adams & 2nd Sts.,
Arkansas. County/parish: Mississippi.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
September 23, 2016.
- Wilson Commercial Historic District
- The Willson Commercial Historic District encompasses the commercial and industrial heart of Wilson, Arkansas. Founded in 1886 as a company town by Robert Edward Lee Wilson, the city's growth was regulated and planned by the company until it was formally incorporated in 1950. This district encompasses the historic town square, commercial buildings, and the administrative and industrial buildings of the company's cotton gin and flour mill.The district was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2016. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/16000651