San Felipe de Austin Historic and Archeological District (NRIS 16000716)

Address: 15945 FM 1458, San Felipe, Texas. County/parish: Austin.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places October 11, 2016.

From Wikipedia:

San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site
San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site is a historic site located in San Felipe, Austin County, Texas. The site preserves the location of the first provisional capital and Anglo-American colony in Mexican-owned Texas.San Felipe de Austin was established in 1823 by Stephen F. Austin, who initially brought 297 families, the Old Three Hundred, under a contract with the Mexican Government. San Felipe de Austin played an important role in the events of the Texas Revolution. The Texian conventions of 1832 and 1833 and the Consultation assembly of 1835 were all held there.On January 1, 2008, the site was transferred from the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department to the Texas Historical Commission.Today, the site features a statue of Stephen F. Austin, a replica log cabin, and the 1847 Josey Store. (read more...)

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/16000716

LC