United States Post Office and Court House (NRIS 16000785)

Address: 201 North Vermilion St., Danville, Illinois. County/parish: Vermilion.

Added to the National Register of Historic Places November 22, 2016.

From Wikipedia:

United States Post Office and Court House (Danville, Illinois)
The United States Post Office and Court House is a historic federal building located at 201 North Vermilion Street in Danville, Illinois. The building was built in 1911 to serve as Danville's post office and a district courthouse for the Eastern District of Illinois. The building has a Renaissance Revival design, which was in keeping with Supervising Architect of the Treasury James Knox Taylor's preference for classically inspired styles. The limestone building's symmetrical front features a row of arched windows flanked by an entrance pavilion at each corner. A dentillated cornice circles the building above its second floor, and pediments along the roof top each entrance. The U-shaped interior of the building features wood and marble ornamentation and terrazzo floors.The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 22, 2016. (read more...)

National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/16000785

LC