Hampton National Guard Armory (NRIS 16000798)
504 North King St.,
Virginia. County/parish: Hampton.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
November 22, 2016.
- Hampton National Guard Armory
- The Hampton National Guard Armory is a history military facility at 504 North King Street in Hampton, Virginia. A large brick building with Moderne styling, it was built in 1936 with funding support from the New Deal-era Works Progress Administration, and is one of the few surviving armories built in the inter-war period in coastal Virginia. It originally housed Battery D of the 111th Field Artillery, and was used as a community meeting space for dances and other social events.The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2016. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/16000798