Virginia Commission for the Blind (NRIS 16000800)
3003 Parkwood Ave.,
Virginia. County/parish: Richmond.
Added to the National Register of Historic Places
November 22, 2016.
- Virginia Commission for the Blind
- The Virginia Commission for the Blind is a historic building at 3003 Parkwood Avenue in Richmond, Virginia. It is a U-shaped two-story brick building with Colonial and Georgian Revival features. It was designed by the prominent Virginia architect J. Binford Walford and completed in 1940. It is prominent as the principal place associated with the work of Lucian Louis Watts, a leading force in the state to improve the social welfare its blind population.The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2016. (read more...)
National Park Service documentation: https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/16000800